Our Match Play Pairs and Singles tournaments return with a very special Finals day at Centurion Club. And what's more the winners of each tournament will qualify directly for the Season 4 Final.
Our popular Pairs and Singles tournament return in Season 4 culminating with an amazing final at the exclusive Centurion Club, home of LIV Golf on Thursday 19 October 2023.
The winners of each tournament will qualify direct for the Linksnet Season 4 Final in Spring 2024. There's also some superb prizes from our partner Bushnell up for grabs!
It's a great way to network more, make new friends and visit a whole host of new clubs. What a fantastic way to add some fun competition and adventure to your golfing calendar!
The Match Play tournaments are ONLY available to BRONZE, SILVER or GOLD members, and the best thing is they are FREE to enter!
All early rounds will be regional. The dates for all rounds to be completed will be dependent on the number of entries and will be announced prior to the first round draw.
TO ENTER EMAIL email@example.com stating which tournament you are entering (singles/pairs), full name of player(s), contact details for arranging fixtures (email and mobile), club you will host fixtures at and current handicap index.
The deadline for entries is midnight on 9 April 2023.
To find out more about provulo click here
To find out more about Bushnell Golf click here
2023 Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. There will be two tournaments running throughout the season - a Singles Match Play where the best net score on each hole wins the hole and a Pairs Betterball Match Play, where the best net score of the four players on each hole wins the hole for their pair.
2. All official World Handicaps indices should be used. The player’s playing handicap is calculated based on the following:
Playing Handicap = (Course Handicap x handicap allowance) + difference in Course Ratings if any opponent is using different tees.
The course handicap = Handicap Index x (Slope /113) which is rounded to a whole number. The handicap allowance for Betterball Match Play is 90% which is applied to the course handicap and is not rounded. The difference in the course ratings between the two tees, not rounded, is then added to the course handicap to produce the Playing Handicap which is finally rounded.
The following table gives a clear example of the stages of the calculation and where the rounding is done:
Shots are then taken from the lowest handicapper within the group. Players then score using the card and SI appropriate for the tee they are playing from.
To avoid confusion on the day we advise players to discuss which tees they are using prior to their match. Although it's more sociable to play from the same tees, there is no reason why players can not play from different tees using the handicap calculation above.
3. For Singles Match Play the handicap allowance is the full 100%.
4. All results should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours by the winning single or winning pair declaring their match score.
5. The home drawn team or single player is responsible for arranging the fixture. In the event of bad weather, it is the home team or player who determine whether the course is playable. If for any reason the fixture is not played by the deadline, a toss of the coin will decide who proceeds through to the next round. No deadline extensions will be granted.
6. The home drawn team or single player is responsible for paying 50% of guest green fees for both away team players or their single opponent. The away team or single player is responsible for the other 50% of their green fees and their own travel costs.
7. If one team or single player has been deemed to have made a reasonable effort to have arranged a fixture (by offering at least 3 dates, one of which must be an evening or weekend date) and the opposing team or single player has not communicated availability or is unable to play on the dates given then the organisers may decide to award a walk over. The organisers decision is final.
8. All entrants agree to have their email addresses and contact numbers circulated amongst other entrants.
9. The draw will not be seeded although every effort will be taken to limit travel.
10. All entrants including both members of any pair entered must be current Bronze, Silver or Gold members of Linksnet at the time of signing up to the competition and be based in the UK.
11. All entries should be sent to email@example.com .stating which tournament you are entering (singles/pairs), full name of player(s), contact details for arranging fixtures (email and mobile), club you will host fixtures at and current handicap index. The deadline for entries is midnight on 9 April 2023. Details of the draw and round dates will be issued following the deadline for entries.
12. All Match Play Tournament scores can be entered as official Linksnet Match Plays on a members’ profile irrespective of it being a singles or pairs betterball match, but if you have already played one of your opponents in Match Play during the season 3 times, it will not count towards your total. To enter a Pairs result, please choose just one of your opponents to enter the score against - do not enter the score twice against both opponents.
13. Once a Pairs match has been played, it is not possible to change a partner for future rounds.
14. The Final for both the Singles and Pairs Match Play will be held at Centurion Club, St Albans on Thursday 19 October 2023. The golf costs are complimentary but finalists will be expected to cover all other costs, including but not limited to their own travel and accommodation expenses, food or drinks costs and any golf buggy costs.
15. A member will not be able to contest both a Singles and Pairs Final. If a member qualifies for both, they will contest the Pairs Final and the losing Semi-Finalist in their Singles Match will take their spot in the Singles Final.
16 The winners of both the Singles and Pairs Match Play will be invited to play in the Season 4 Final in Spring 2024 with qualifiers also taken from the Network Days Order of Merit and the Season Leaderboard.
17. Failure to comply with any of these terms will result in a Single player or Pair being removed from the Match Play tournament and a walk over given to their last opponent(s).